1. Find the cost per pupil in the public schools in a state and compare it with that of private schools. If equal or larger then simply give each family a voucher equal to that amount so they can send their kids to the private school.
2. What most Americans want are sound money, low inflation, low taxes and less government. If the Republicans want to become relevant again they need to espouse these and mean it.
3. What is the difference between Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme and Social Security? Nothing.
4. The Obama Administration was early to get egg on its face. First, Bill Richardson, then Timothy Geithner and now Tom Daschle. Isn’t it interesting that the tax cheats have advocates rushing to save them leaving Richardson high and dry?
5. Obama’s government spending binge obviously excludes the Pentagon which was told to trim 10 percent off their proposed budget. Too bad this doesn’t apply across the board to the entire federal budget.
6. I get a lot of emails from people asking my opinion about the use of term limits to curb government excesses. I always point to California which enacted term limits in 1990 and its current fiscal mess.
7. The Obama presidency is already one of failed leadership. He said no lobbyists and then he appointed two to major posts. He said no pork in his adminstration and then he supports the largest single piece of pork legislation in the nation’s history under the guise of a “stimulus” bill.
8. I didn’t care when Obama granted his first interview to a Moslem network. What I minded was his apologizing for America. This country has been remarkably restrained in its actions. No mosques were burned after 9/11. The military could have acted much more decisively in Iraq than it has. No mosques in Iraq have been bombed or even searched by Americans giving the enemy sanctuary. The apology needs to go the American public.