Sunday, December 23, 2012

Random Thoughts

• There are 5 BCS bowls so why don’t the top 10 BCS teams play in them? • Tom Cruise is Jack Reacher? If you have read any of Lee Child’s novels you know something is wrong. o First, the movie would be simply “Reacher” since the title character generally goes by only his last name. o Second, Reacher is physically imposing – 6’5” 250 lbs - and uses his size to intimidate. Isn’t Tom Cruise a little guy? • I said that I was taking a break after the election and I have. o I haven’t watched a single newscast. o I haven’t read a single newspaper. o I haven’t listened to talk radio. o I haven’t missed it. • You know you are getting old when o The TV shows you watch only air commercials about ED, debt reduction, class action lawsuits and stool softeners. o On the stations you seldom watch, you haven’t a clue what anyone is talking about. o Your grandchildren are in college. • Its been a productive deer season thus far – I won’t burden you with pictures. But after last year being the worse ever, its nice to have a good one. As some of you know, I have not eaten what my grandfather used to call “store bought meat” in 30 years. I have enough venison in my freezers to last until next year and still give a good bit away to friends and family. • I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas.

No comments: