• There are 5 BCS bowls so why don’t the top 10 BCS teams play in them?
• Tom Cruise is Jack Reacher? If you have read any of Lee Child’s novels you know something is wrong.
o First, the movie would be simply “Reacher” since the title character generally goes by only his last name.
o Second, Reacher is physically imposing – 6’5” 250 lbs - and uses his size to intimidate. Isn’t Tom Cruise a little guy?
• I said that I was taking a break after the election and I have.
o I haven’t watched a single newscast.
o I haven’t read a single newspaper.
o I haven’t listened to talk radio.
o I haven’t missed it.
• You know you are getting old when
o The TV shows you watch only air commercials about ED, debt reduction, class action lawsuits and stool softeners.
o On the stations you seldom watch, you haven’t a clue what anyone is talking about.
o Your grandchildren are in college.
• Its been a productive deer season thus far – I won’t burden you with pictures. But after last year being the worse ever, its nice to have a good one. As some of you know, I have not eaten what my grandfather used to call “store bought meat” in 30 years. I have enough venison in my freezers to last until next year and still give a good bit away to friends and family.
• I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas.
Harold A. Black is professor emeritus in the Department of Finance, University of Tennessee, Knoxville having retired after 24 years of service. He has served on the faculties of American University, Howard University, the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill and the University of Florida. His government service includes the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and as a Board Member of the National Credit Union Administration. He also has served on the boards of directors Home Savings of America and its parent company, H. F. Ahmanson & Co., Irwindale, California prior to its merger with Washington Mutual Savings Bank, on the board of New Century Financial Corporation, Irvine, California, then the nation’s largest real estate investment trust and as director and later chairman of the Nashville Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. He writes an occasional article for the Knoxville News-Sentinel at http://www.knoxnews.com/staff/dr-harold-black/. His web page is haroldablackphd.com